Hope Lies in the Journey
What do I hope I gained from all this? There’s a lot of time to think today – we are slightly off schedule and my doctor is showing up later than she has due to us being off.
With that in mind, here is a list of what I hope I gained from this stay:
- A larger group of tools that I know I can use to keep myself safe.
- My support group is now defined and I know what I need from them.
- I have a defined set of coping skills now that I can put into place. Before this stay, I barely knew what that term mean let alone had personalized ones.
- I know, and can define my triggers.
- I have hope again that I can be a positive influence in my family again. This stay been transformational … it’s time to take it home now, and make it transcendent.